Saturday, April 25, 2020

There's No Place Like ...

... my office!  Yes, really.  I loved being there this morning, touching paper and paging through books:  a welcome reprieve from using technology and being online. 

I am excited to share the fruits of my morning.  I created two "At-Home Packets" for you to pick up when you are next at church for Adoration (Sundays 10-1) or Confessions (Saturdays 3 to 3:45 or Sundays 11-12).  Visit the church website for schedules. 

One packet includes ideas for honoring Mary and celebrating liturgies in May 2020.  I have noticed that having a more open schedule has made me look more to the liturgical calendar.  What stories are coming up?  What does God want to reveal to me each day?  In this May 2020 packet you will find activities for the upcoming Gospels about the Road to Emmaus and Good Shepherd Sunday (two of my favorites!) 

The other packet is a printed copy of the family retreat from the Archdiocese.  I emailed families a zip file; but, I thought you might appreciate being able to go screen free for the retreat.  Please share your feedback if you try activities in these packets. 

I came home from the office to a hungry family.  By the grace of God, I had the basic ingredients to whip up lunch in my cast-iron skillet.  A quarter cup of butter, a jar of red sauce, cooked ground beef, cooked rice.  After heating, I topped it with shredded cheese and broiled a few minutes.  Hit the spot!  Thank you God for feeding my family - mind, body, and spirit. 

What's your favorite Gospel story or go-to meal?  Share in the comments :)

We are Blessed Sacrament family!

No comments:

Post a Comment